A notified body is an independent third party verifying that the instrument satisfies the requirements of the relevant directive. Conformity assessment of a product performed by a notified body is valid all over the EU/EEA area. There are various assessment procedures, depending on the product type, to be chosen by the manufacturer.
Justervesenet: Notified body no 0431 in the EU Commission database.
Justervesenet is appointed a notified body for the Non-Automatic Weighing Instrument Directive (NAWI, 2014/32/EU) and the Measurement Instrument Directive (MID, 2014/31/EU). Its authority covers the measuring instruments that are most important in Norway. The categories are listed below, with the corresponding directive and module:
- non-automatic weighing instruments (NAWI, modules B, D, F, G)
- automatic weighing instruments of a number of types (MID, modules B, D, F, G)
- water meters and heat meters (MID, Modules B, D, F)
- flow meters for liquids other than water (MID, modules B, D, F, G)
- electricity meters (MID, modules B, D, F)
- multi-dimensional measuring instruments (MID, modules B, D, F)
Justervesenet may assess measuring instruments in these categories from any company in any country, to allow the instrument marketed in Europe.
Instrument types examined by Justervesenet
Instruments that have already been assessed by Justervesenet and found to be in conformance with MID or NAWI are listed here.
Fill in and sign the application form, and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Gunnstein Å. Hæreid