Justervesenet (Norwegian Metrology Service)
Justervesenet (JV) is a governmental agency under the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries. JV is responsible for the Norwegian metrology infrastructure and for ensuring its national and international acceptance.
JVs tasks and responsibilities are based in the “Law on measurement units, measuring and standard time” (in Norwegian, lov om målenheter, måling og normaltid). An unofficial translation of the act can be found here: Act on measurement units measurements and standard time.
Justervesenet has the national responsibility in two main areas:
• Legal metrology
• National measurement standards
We have the following mandate in the legal (regulated) area:
• Inspection and verification
• Approval of e-marking
• Preparing national regulation in the area of metrology
We offer the following services:
• Calibration against national standards
• Consultancy in metrology
• Courses, seminars and in-house training
• Research and development projects
• Services as a notified body for measuring instruments
Contact us for your metrology needs.
Contact person: Hans Arne Frøystein